KALAKAKADU THOTHHATHHRI VADHYAR ( 29 )
KALAKADU THOTHATHRI VADHYAR ( 29)
All of us became very busy in his service while taking care of our own works. Srimathi had finished her Higher Secondary course and was trying for joining Engineering course.Bhava, Cheenu, Sriram and Meera were attending their school classes. While KTV was mentally strong with a great will power,he was physically damn weak . Upto the last, he was having a sharp eye, and ear, Tasting and smelling faculties were good.He could talk with out difficulty.Difficulty was regarding getting up by himself ,without others' assistance swallowing and moving his hands fast etc. He would be eagerly awaiting for my return in the evening and alert the people at home . saying that I would be in the house by another say, five minutes to keep coffee ready for me . His idea was that directly on reaching home I should be sitting with him.I would take minimum time to wash my face and get ready for this action as per his wishes to satisfynhis demand which had zero cost.If that could make him happy why should we not do it !. He used to ask me to touch him and rub his back and hands and legs some times. Perhaps, God had chosen me among others to do this "pithru sushrusha " which I consider the most sacred thing one can thik off in life. There was an indication of this to me very long back. When Sri Abhinava Vidyatheertha Mahaswamigal had come to Kalakad in 1958 , I was standing very close to Him and KTV, who intrduced me to the Swamiji.Suddenly ,He took out a wooden plaque in which it was written " Pithru devo bhava " and gave it to me along with His blessings.. I received with humility and with folded hands. Remember, that was the time when I had started my college studies.
At 5 45 pm KTV used to remind me about sandhiavandanam for him and me , after that I would allowed to go for the Veda classes and Vishnu Sahasranama parayanam which I initiated to the Brahmin community at Maharajanagar after the Brahmins Association was launched in the Tamilnadu State in October 1984. However , he would be expecting me back by 7 15 pm. If I was a bit late to return, he used to question. Punctuality he maintained for himself he expected inothers also.Procrastrination is one thing which he never liked. Srimathi, who had passsed out in Higher Secondary Examination was trying for Engineering studies.She ultimately got admission in the Govt. Engineering College , Thirunelveli .She joined the college with his blessings.Some of her teachers had known KTV who came to see him in the house.
A stage came when he had to be bathed in the hall itself .He could not even sit errect . He would be supported from back by Bhava in the sitting posture , Cheenu used to clean his teeth without using brush, but using tooth paste. Mother and Usha used kitchen items like hot water and other requisites. Sitha did her own share of work. Meera was not given any work because of her small age but Sriram assisted Cheenu and Bhava
Ganapathi, who was a trustworthy servant maid who was helping us right from the childhood of Srimathi ,when we in settled in Kailasapuram had left for Chennai under her family conditions. Instead a Muslim lady was employed , who was as sincere as Ganapathi herself , For KTV alone she had to wash four dhothies and towels per day in addition to all clothes of all other members. Those were times when washing machines were being used by a few previleged set of people.
( to be continued )
Comments
Post a Comment